Jack Fuller's first venture into folly building was the Coade stone summerhouse erected in 1803. It is located in the woods on the west side of Brightling Park.
The magnificent molded Coade stone facade is backed by a semicircular structure made of brickwork. There are two inscriptions on the inside of the arch that both read: COADE SEALY LONDON.
Coade stone, an exceptionally hard and durable artificial material that closely resembles stone and was molded and then fired in a kiln.
Founded by Eleanor Coade in 1769, the Coade Manufactory produced monuments and other objects. John Sealy was her nephew and business partner. Fine examples that have weathered well include the Westminster Bridge Coade Stone Lion and Captain Bligh's Tomb both in London.