Also known as Fuller's point, this folly stands 35 feet (10.7 m ) tall in a meadow just off the Battle-Heathfield road.
Legend has it that Fuller made a bet that he could see the spire of St Giles, Dallington from his house. Upon realizing that this was not true he had workmen erect this folly in order to win the bet.
It is thought to have been built in the early 1820s and gets its name from the conical loaf form that sugar was sold in at that time.
Believe it or not, it was actually used as a two storey dwelling up until the 1930s. Considering that it is only 15 feet (4.57 m) in diameter it's hard to imagine.
"It is thought that Simeon Crouch and his family may have lived in the Sugar Loaf in the late 1870s, as family members have been told that one of his daughters, Mabel, was born there in 1879. Relatives of the Lulham family are believed to be the last people to live in the Sugar Loaf. The stone building had two storeys, with windows on each floor. There was a ladder between the two floors and there was also a lean-to kitchen."
Dallingon: Six miles from Everywhere, the History of a Sussex Village,