After 1815 and the defeat of Napoleon, there was a great deal of unemployment in the south of England. To alleviate the burdens of the poor on Brightling parish, Jack Fuller created building projects the most extensive of which was the wall around his entire Rose Hill Estate. The stone wall, built between 1815 and 1817, is approximately four feet (1.2 m) high and four miles (6.4 km) long. It has withstood the ravages of time quite well.
In exchange for permission to build his pyramid mausoleum in Brightling churchyard, Fuller agreed to build a wall around the churchyard. Fuller fulfilled his part of the bargain and added an iron gateway at the top of the stairs to the churchyard which is flanked by stone pillars. An iron lantern is suspended at the middle of the arch.
Inserted into the churchyard wall is what has become known as the "Squire's Door" presumably so that Fuller had easy access to the church from his house at Rose Hill.
Fuller had two stone pillars constructed on his estate. One was erected some 100 yards (91.4 meters) south of the observatory in a copse of trees. It is reportedly no longer standing.
The remaining pillar is located in Brightling Park about 100 yards (91.4 meters) south of the house. It is approximately twelve feet (3.6 m) high and is crowned with a cast iron sculpture that depicts a cannon, flames and an anchor. This no doubt pays tribute to the Fuller family's history as gunfounders.