Genealogy of John "Mad Jack" Fuller

Notes


Cicely Wroth

Heiress to Petherton Park near Bridgwater and a hansome fortune.


Sir John Wroth 3rd Bart

Died without male issue so the title became extinct.


Sir Thomas Dyke Acland 3rd Bart

M.P. for Devon 1746-7, and Somerset 28 Jan 1767.


Elizabeth Dyke

Her "dowry included the three large Somerset estates of Pixton near Dulverton, Tetton near Taunton, and Holnicote near Minehead; in token of this brilliant match her surname was added to her husband's and it has remained in use by the main line of the family ever since." Killerton House, The National Trust; History of Killerton by Anne Acland, pp 43.

Elizabeth Dyke of Tetton, near Taunton, was sole heiress to her father and uncle, both of whom had accumulated large estates from the Blackford and Dyke families. A Devon Family: The Story of the Aclands by Anne Acland, pp 15.


Robert Knipe

Of New Lodge, Berkhampstead


Cpt. Nicholas Tattersall

Captain Nicholas Tettersell - trading from the Sussex coast he agreed to take King Charles II to France for £60 but then upped the price to £200 when he realised who his passenger was. When Charles was restored to his throne he awarded Tettersell and his family a pension of £100 a year for 99 years. He became landlord of the Old Ship Inn, High Constable and is buried in St Nicholas’s Churchyard.The King gave Tettersell a ring which descended to Sir George Shiffner through the Bridger family.


Rev Edward Harland

1881 Census: Married
Occupation: Vicar of Colwich
Dwelling: Hinton Admiral
Census Place: Christchurch, Hampshire, England

Educated at Wad­ham Col­lege, Ox­ford (BA 1831, MA 1833), Har­land took Ho­ly Or­ders and served as Cur­ate of New­bo­rough (1833-6) and San­don (1836-51); Vicar of Col­wich, Staf­ford­shire (1851); and Pre­ben­da­ry in Lich­field Ca­thed­ral (1873). His works in­clude:
- Church Psalter and Hymnal, 1855, 1863, 1865, 1876
- Index Sermonum, 1858

Source: http://www.cyberhymnal.org/bio/h/a/r/harland_e.htm


Major Gerald Robert Spencer

Of Delves House, Ringmer, Sussex